Monday, November 17, 2008

Stone Mountain Oct 2008

After pinning on Jay's airborne wings, we went to Atlanta and visited Stone Mountain, even rode the old train.


Stone Mountain has this neat carving of General Robert E. Lee, General Stonewall Jackson and Jefferson Davis. We took Jay and Matt camping to Stone Mountain in September in 1972. Jay was 1 and Matt 2 months old. Jay sat by his first campfire and rubbed his hands like his mother and felt the warmth. When we returned home, Lee was reading Jay a book that had a drawing of a campfire and Jay rubbed his hands and held them out to the book's campfire. Such a smart child.

Stone Mountain is 850 ft above the park and we climbed Stone Mountain. It was a bit stormy, but warm enough and we summited.


Lee with Atlanta in the background and wind blowing her hair on the way down.



Some of Lee's favorite friends in the amusement park at the base of the mountain. A fun Saturday in/at Stone Mountain.




6 comments:

*katie said...

Fun memories of Stone Mountain! I can picture David or Ethan rubbing thier hands at the fire, just like Jay did:)

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

very cool! good pictures

brooke said...

I'm impressed you summited! What a beautiful part of our country too.

Unknown said...

I still practice rubbing my hands when I see campfire photos. It's a good way to keep up my skills.

Christy said...

That looks like fun! You know me, anything that involves mountains and hiking, I'm in! How cool that you got to go back there:)

Colleen said...

Looks like a great trip=)